A different kind of franchise means different responsibilities.
Our most successful owners are involved in the day-to-day aspects of the
business. Most Unishippers owners start out selling, and many continue to
do so even after they have a sales staff in place. No matter how you structure
your business, you will probably be involved in overseeing a small staff, ensuring
that sales goals are achieved, maintaining profitability and managing customer
service so that expectations are always met or exceeded.
A typical day could find a franchise owner engaged in any of the following:
- Cold-calling 40-50 prospects per day to make an introduction, assess their business needs, and set up an appointment.
- Meeting with business decision makers and demonstrating the cost and time-saving value of Unishippers.
- Providing assistance and consultation to new Unishippers customers.
- Fielding phone calls from customers and advising on them complicated or complex shipping needs.
- Reviewing sales leads and progress with your team.
- Participating in training calls with the Unishippers Corporate office to learn about new tools and products.